Dark Souls 3 is the latest “Souls” games to ever grace the gaming community. For the people who do not know, the “Souls” franchise is one of the hardest game franchises ever.
What I mean by this is that every Souls game is difficult; the kind of difficult that makes you want to smash your keyboard or throw away your game controller.
But, this is what makes the Dark Souls franchise great. It is a challenging game and whenever you finish it, you now have bragging rights.
The problem here is that not a lot of people have played previous Dark Souls’ games before and they might have a hard time playing the third installment.
In today’s article, I will talk about the 5 Dark Souls 3 tips every beginner should know.
- Never Forget the Endurance Stat. Now, a game like Dark Souls 3 never holds back. Even in the beginning moments of the game, enemies are already very hard to kill. Now, some people might think that the health attribute helps you survive in the game, but that is not entirely true. In fact, there is another stat you need to be aware of, and that is Endurance. The endurance stat will increase your stamina levels. Every time you dodge, block, or damage enemies, your stamina decreases. By stacking up on the endurance stat, you will have more stamina to get by.
- Use Battle Arts Frequently. Battle Arts is a new addition to the game. Basically, Battle Arts give your weapons and shields new attributes or Skills. Whenever you’re in a tough situation and a simple slash and block combo doesn’t work, then use some battle arts to turn the tide of battle. Dark Souls 3 is a game where you will always be out of your comfort zone and you will be constantly challenged. Therefore, get creative and use Battle Arts frequently.
- Dodge and Block Whenever Possible. I cannot stress this enough but Dark Souls 3 is a game where you constantly have to move away in order to avoid the enemy’s attacks. If you’re not fond of dodging attacks, use a shield instead and block incoming attacks. Without dodging or blocking the enemy’s attacks, it would be very hard for you to progress through the game. Also, do not dodge or block blindly as doing either of these things require stamina. Time your dodges and blocks correctly to save on Stamina.
- Spend those Souls. In the game, you can buy equipment by using the Souls that you acquire from your enemies. Don’t be afraid to spend those souls on your gear as it can really help you immensely, especially in the latter parts of the game. Souls are pretty easy to get anyway, so don’t stockpile them for later use.
- Do Not be Afraid of Death. At least, in this game, do not be afraid of dying. A lot of players who play this game will die a lot. But, embrace that in the sense that there is much to learn to survive in this game. When you die many times, do not take it as a sign of weakness, but take it as a sign that you need to improve.
Dark Souls 3 is a really difficult game and many gamers may not be able to accomplish it. But, with these tips, I am pretty sure that you will get by just fine.